Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Past





Well another successful Christmas. We managed to get my folks at my house here this year for Christmas eve gift exchange and perpetual Hors D'oeurves bar. Then today we went to my Father-in-Law's house for more of the same. We still have a New Years day event with the Mother-in-Law. This holiday season included dog sitting for my nieces Christmas present- an Chihuahua puppy! What a hoot. I'm off work through New Years day and have high hopes of getting some bench-time.

Workbench update; I'm nearing completion of the groundwork for the diorama. Just a few details to add and I can begin painting in earnest. I imagine it'll be painting from now until AMFS with a short diversion toward groundwork for the ECW cavalry guy. Speaking of the cavalryman, he is mostly assembled and almost ready to finish. Hopefully this week will see his completion.

4 comments:

CALVIN TAN said...

Hi John,
Happy holidays. I'm glad that you opted for plastered wall instead of the stone one. It's less busy and does makes the kneeing figure stand out.

cheers,

Calvin

Gary Dombrowski said...

John, That's a fantastic job. One can really appreciate the amount of work you put into your vignettes.~Gary

Pete Herrera said...

Looking really good, John! I'm sure you'll hit a home run with this one in Atlanta. Hopefully, I'll get to see it in Chicago next October.

P.S - cute chih puppy!

John Long said...

This piece might make Atlanta after all. I had a big workbench session right before I left town and got several small tasks finished. Thanks for all your comments.