Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Been a while

It's been a while since my last update. A lot has happened since my last entry. Not much in the miniature arena I'm afraid. I have several projects on the bench in various states of completion.

The last few weeks have seen lots of personal and family activity. I started playing softball again recently and that's been fun. We had our annual Correctional Worker's week activities, lots of good food, booze and fun. The Wednesday night volleyball tourney resulted in an aggrevated knee for me. JB and I went on a 10 mile backpacking trip Mother's day weekend. This was in preparation for our Philmont trek. This week, we're in the middle of recertifying out SORT. We had an awfully physical day today. There are still some difficult events to complete, but basically it's downhill from here.

Workbench update; not much to tell here. My main focus has been the miner. I have painted most of the figure, with only the flesh, helmet and coat collar left to do. I have sculpted intermittantly, but no real results to show. I had a minor mishap with a modern figure. Trying to seperate arm from torso, I destroyed a bit of the finished work. This will be easy enough to fix though. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to show before the Tulsa show on June 1st.

No comments: