Saturday, June 09, 2007


I can't believe how quickly time passes sometimes. Last weekend was the Tulsa show. It was a bit smaller than in the past, but still high quality as usual. Some key regulars weren't there, but they were offset by a couple of surprises, and several newcomers. The work of Doug Cohen, Fletcher Clement, Chris Mrosko was missed. Bob Bethea, also absent was represented on the table however. I usually go down on Friday afternoon, but didn't make it until Friday evening this time. I felt like I missed so many folks in the short weekend. I judged again and this is a great way to learn and also to insure that you get a very good look at all the displays. The miner I did was well received and earned a Gold medal along with the Royal Horse Artillery. Joe Hudson was elected the newest Tulsa Medalist and Jason Green won his second BOS. Jason's work has to be seen to be appreciated. It looks good in pictures, but in person one can appreciate the smooth finish and subtle but well contrasted color pallette. Hopefully the work Kevin Wheeler and others put in to the photography will show up on the web soon.

I've been trying to train for a 50 mile hike that my son and I will soon take. His Boy Scout troop is sending a handful of us to Philmont Scout Ranch for a ten day trek. I have a nagging knee injury that's dragging me down a lot. I've been eating ibuprofin like candy and icing the thing as much as I can stand.


Workbench update. I finished my part of the joint project with Kreston. I have to say that I enjoyed the bulkheads and deck the most enjoyable. I could fiddle the thing to death and finally had to say enough is enough. I think I'll do something similar to the Sci-Fi piece I worked on earlier. I'm back on the modern figures I started a while back, and the Pawnee I started about the same time. I doubt if I'll get a chance to get anything else ready before Chicago in the fall. We'll see though.

No comments: