Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas D+1








Well another Christmas past. We had family at our house Christmas eve, then went to my in-laws for Christmas day. We had plenty to eat at both. We decided to make a Turducken this year almost on a whim. It was delicious. If you've never had one, it's a turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken, with layers of dressing between each layer. It was huge, about 20 pounds. There are leftovers, in case you're wondering.

On the modeling front, I have several projects underway. I'm still hacking away at the Gunshoe vignette. I touched up the face a bit to give it a harder look. I'm about 80-85% through a commission of Andrea's Billy the Kid. I'm getting ready to add a bit to the building backdrop at the patron's request. Both projects are on schedule to be finished before Atlanta.

2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

John, I really like both of the settings for your upcoming projects. The setting for the gumshoe is really neat. I like the semi beat-up window blind. Maybe you could paint in a section of letering on part of the brick wall section. You know the type of old painted signage some of these late 19th, early turn of the 20th century brick buildings have. Just a thought. ~Gary

John Long said...

Gary, thanks for commenting. I want to do something like you suggest. I have even considered getting a neon like LED sign from one of these model RR scenic companies. Keep an eye on that window blind on the next update.