Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Cap'n, and I say you're Cap'n. Cap'n.........



I've been working on a handful of muskets for various manufacturers and not getting to sculpt lately. So as I was winding up those projects, I posed up several mannequins for future projects. Hoping that the lightning of inspiration to strike, I hammered out a project that I've been wanting to do for a while. It's a pirate inspired by NC Wyeth's illustration of Captain Billy Bones. I didn't want to do an exact copy, but much is borrowed from Wyeth. My character is fatter than Wyeth's and I did the hat differently. If an experiment I have planned goes well, I should have a pretty dynamic setting for this fellow.

We had a great chicken BBQ for family and a few friends from work. It was a great time. BBQing twenty chickens is not for the faint of heart though. I think everyone had a good time. It was unfortunately marred by an accident that required a trip to the ER for my three year old niece. She had to get a stitch in her lip. I'm really hoping that she doesn't get a scar. I bear much of the responsibility for it, I have to admit.

School is in full swing now and I'm bearing the fruit of a driving teenager. I have a bit more free time now that I don't have to get JB after school.

On the Tri front, I bought a new bike from my friend Don and rode it a good twelve miles. I'm looking forward to riding more. Swimming is not really an issue now, but I plan to join a center that has a pool so I can get on that aspect of it. I've increased my runnig distance lately and some success on this front will be great, as I am not fond of running.

No comments: