Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Post Tulsa bench time




The Tulsa show is always over too quickly. I had a great time catching up with friends, talking shop and swapping stories. My good friend Anders was voted the new Tulsa Medalist. Well deserved I'd say. Anders is knocking out some excellent work in the last few years. His latest sculpting seminar has set the bar pretty high for any seminars to be shown in the future. Jason Green won BOS with his bust of Cornwallis. Another neat feature this year was a display of collections. Mike Meehan had several busts by Sang Eon Lee, and Anders had several figures by a handful of well recognized artists.

Workbench Update; The photo shows an in progress figure that I'm doing for another painter. It's intended to be John Basilone performing the deed that was key in winning him the CMH. I hope to be finished sculpting by the end of June.

No comments: