Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn Eve


It's been a while since I updated. The work in the studio has been slow this summer. The summer itself was very busy. The boy had to have an emergency appendectomy while on vacation in Yellowstone. A few weeks after he got back, he and I went on a week long fifty mile canoe trip in Canada. Like I said, busy.

I did manage to get some painting done and also some sculpting. I tried my hand at some 1/72 scale figures. It was a frustrating experience. I was able to get a convincing face, but getting convincing poses and anatomy was difficult at best.

I finished the figure in the featured photo last weekend. I will have this and the paratrooper figure at the Chicago show in the next few weeks.

I have a couple of commissions to work on next. One is more of a favor. They are an original OIF Marine, and the other is a Samurai from Pegaso.

No comments: