Sunday, November 02, 2008

Getting some work done



You can see above the cigar box gumshoe I have going. I want to create an Edward Hopper mood with my Raymond Chandler style character. I have a couple of other ideas for this dude that I may or may not use. It's my goal to have this done in time for Atlanta. I should get some time off from work soon that will facilitate the studio time.

I have a commission that is coming to a close. I'm painting one of the Pegaso Samurai for someone at work. It's going pretty well. I find painting the lace a challenge in meticulous detail. Some of the lace isn't well molded and a bit of knowledge and imagination is required. I'll post photos when it's completed.

If you read the comments on this blog, you'll see my Mother is on my a** to get a piece finished for her. I've had it in progress for a long time (too long, sorry Maude). It's a modern Marine. She intends it as a gift for a friend whose son is serving in Iraq. I completed the flesh portions yesterday. I hope to have it finished in about four weeks. I'm not looking forward to painting the digital camouflage though.

3 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

John, Neat idea. If it's an alley maybe a garbage can would help fill out the scenery. That or maybe the glow from a neon (if it was around then) or other light. ~Gary

Rudi Richardson said...

John,
It's looking great.
Rudi

John Long said...

Thanks guys. I may try some lighting effects. There are some really neat model RR LED signs that would be cool. I don't know if I can incorporate one though.