Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's day weekend



The photo is a Confederate Guerrilla intended as a Thunderbird Miniatures future release. I've been wanting to do one of these, and Mark and I had a chance conversation over an Osprey print almost a year ago and I told him I'd see what I could come up with. I hope it's a winner. I like it so far. Just gotta get over the hump and solve a couple of design problems.

I went to the folk's today and helped Dad put up hay. You can't farm without tearing up some gear, and today we broke a tractor and a baler. The baler was repaired, but the tractor was swapped out. I wound up running a tractor that I had only drive once or twice. It was a little intimidating, moving up to twice the tractor as the one I grew up on. It had a cab and a fan though, so I figure it's a trade up. Of course Pops had the one with AC in the cab. Happy Father's Day Dad.

2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

John, It's neat to see a figure that has a number of possibilites where paint is concerned. You can paint him plain or make him a "dandy". I only saw "Ride with the devil" for the first time early this year and have a couple ideas for some one offs. I'm sure you've probably seen it a half dozen times already yourself. It will be great to see you paint one up. Good luck with the figure. ~Gary

John Long said...

Thanks Gary. I've seen Ride With the Devil in bits and pieces over the years, but only in its entirety since I started this figure. It's a great resource.