Tuesday, December 22, 2009



Getting a few items done before year's end. In the photo is a Metal Modeles French Dragoon from the Franco-Prussian War. It was sculpted by Raul Latorre and as such it's a little less stiff than Metal Modeles usually produces. I had initially bought this figure from a vendor at an AMFS show a couple of years ago. I was excited about painting it, but I lost it somewhere along the way. I bought another because I liked it so well. It was a very nice figure to paint. Painting my own sculptures seems a little tedious times. After you've spent so much time sculpting a thing, you kind of want to get away from it for a while. When I do a stock figure, I try to get the best figures I can afford. I have tried to stay away from WWII stuff too. Branching out of your comfort zone allows you to learn about other periods along the way. I also have a Union Infantryman on the bench. I'll post photos of the finished work when it's done.

No comments: