Sunday, October 31, 2010

WB report and shoulder update



Workbench report; In the photo is a forest setting that I finished the other day. It's intended to be the setting for the charging Indian that I sculpted a while back. That figure is currently on the workbench and about 75% complete. I think it's going to look pretty good when it's done. I've done this kind of setting before and there isn't anything really groundbreaking about the material I used. The trees are from Bayardi and have been embellished with dried roots and photo-etch items.

While my shoulder situation has improved, it still gives me some difficulty. Some things I used to do automatically take some re-engineering. I moved a small TV tray into my studio to use set my paint palette on. I also created a small lap-desk for my sculpting work. My workbench is rather high as these things go, which is how I like it. I have found that with my shoulder the way it is, I can't reach some things like I used to, so it necessitated these modifications. It has worked pretty well. I'll make improvements as time goes on I guess. I'm hopeful that I won't have to for long and I'll be healed up by December or so. I still don't know what I did. Waiting for results from the MRI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John

Sorry to hear about your shoulder injury and I hope you will be on the mend very soon.

Nevertheless you have created this lovely forest scene anyway.

I know how you feel right now as I am recovering from severe back surgery myself and am not allowed to to some modeling in the weeks to come. After that I will have to adjust my way of modeling too.

Keep up the good work!

Johan

http://historyrevivedinminiature.blogspot.com/

John Long said...

Thanks Johan. Sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I hope you're recovering well.