Friday, November 12, 2010

Testing the limits



Just finished this little guy. I think it turned out pretty good. It was an enjoyable project. There are a couple of things I wish I could have done better. The leggings could be a little cleaner in the sculpting department. I was very pleased with the pose. It's balanced a little precariously. I hope it will hold up to travel. I had to get a little creative to pin the foot to the base. My main goal was a dynamic, action pose. I hope a sense of motion exists.

I have been pretty busy in the studio lately. My shoulder is getting better every day. I go for an EMG soon to see what's up. The doc says my neck isn't bad enough to warrant injections. That works out pretty well, because I don't really want them if they're not going to fix my problem. It's funny, I got back in the studio because I wanted to see if I was going to be able to get some work done if I wind up being off for an extended period for surgery. I'd hate to be off work and not able to enjoy my hobby. Recently, my triathlon training had supplanted this hobby. Being thwarted on my 1/2 marathon training was upsetting to say the least. But, it did get me back to the bench and I think because of this injury, I'll be able to find a better balance between these two pastimes.

No comments: