Sunday, December 04, 2011

On the bench




The photos are of a couple of projects that are currently on the bench. One is a Confederate sharpshooter, and the other is the bank being robbed by my Pretty Boy Floyd figure. The building is pretty much finished. I need letters for the sign and I'm thinking PE or something raised. I also need to add door hardware, but I'm on the bubble about which way I want Floyd to be running. The door swing will be key in getting it to look right.

Today and last night were spent getting the flesh areas painted on the three pieces I plan to have at Atlanta; A Muleskinner, the Reb Sharpshooter, and Floyd. I had to relearn my technique a bit and even had to strip the face after one failed attempt on the Reb. I think I've got it figured out now. I had to get my Danni Cartacci book out again to get my head around the process.

No comments: